Azure DevOps and TLS 1.x
As of May 2022, Azure DevOp have disabled communications over TLS 1.0 and 1.1. For deployments and pipelines to work your server needs to not just support TLS 1.2 but also have the right cipher suites enabled.
A quick fix if Azure DevOps Deployment Groups go offline due to TLS 1.x
- Download IIS Crypto from the Nartac Software portal
- Run the IIS Crypto tool
- In the “Schannel” tab, ensure that the TLS 1.2 option is checked under Server and Client protocols.
- In the “Cipher Suites” tab check if one of the below suites are supported. Source: MS Dev Blogs -
- TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (*)
- TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 (*)
- If none of the above are checked, pick one (preferably one of the 256 suites).
- Reboot to apply changes
Your Deployment groups should be back online after the reboot (if the issue was TLS 1.x relted!)